Monday, June 3, 2013

AX 2012 Excel add-in upload issue

While uploading journal entries using Microsoft Excel Add-in for AX, we received the following error message:
Function DimensionDefaultingEngine::constructForMainAccountId has been incorrectly called. Document General Journals could not be created. Error details: Function DimensionDefaultingEngine::constructForMainAccountId has been incorrectly called.


This issue was caused by a ledger account that does not exist in any of the account structures. It was not a very meaningful error message, especially compared to the one that throws when a ledger account is missing from the ledger.

I have seen another hard to identify issue regarding to the same cause, in service order postings. Whenever a new ledger account is created, the user is better to double check the account structures to verify that the account is covered by one of the account structures in order to avoid hard to resolve meaningless errors that can occur.

1 comment:

  1. I face the same issue. At first, I wrongly assume that it was related to a customization that I did. After review the code, I came to the same conclusion as you.
    I add the ledger account to one structure to validate, and my transaction post successfully.
    I agree that the error message is not helping that much.

    Thank you for your posting and keep the good work.

    ReplyDelete